2010/04/27

The Reflection on Jobs Steve’s Talk

The Reflection on Jobs Steve’s Talk




    It is a very inspiring talk for every people, not only for students who are about to graduate. “You’ve got to find what you love.” Jobs says. Working in a cram school, whenever students share worries or lives with me, I always ask them, “What is your dream?” “No!” this is the most common response I get. I look at their face and sincerely tell them, “No, you must have a dream. Everyone must live with a dream.” I encourage them to think something not related to the school, the homework and the cram school. Once I spent a long time talking to a boy who felt tired in the cram school. I pacified him and told him to hold on one day. It was his choice to go to the cram school so he must be responsible. Finally, I asked him to listen to his heart and to have a conversation with his inner to figure out what on the earth he really desired. A dream is like a motivation in one’s life; it motivates one to work hard.

    Jobs mentioned that he was kicked out by the company he brought up. I somehow understood the feeling    because I’ve seen a novel, Falling out of Fashion, in which the protagonist, Jane, was finally fired by the group of Jill, a magazine. The visions of the future of hers and her supervisors’ diverged greatly, so she left Jill. She did have a hard time struggling with the past; however, it did not take her too long to restart her career, starting a new magazine with her old friends. I was very touched by her insistence and the enthusiasm for the magazine. Just like Jobs, he did not give up his dream because he clearly knew what loved. He found his half after he left Apple. So did Jane. After she got fired, she pondered what she had done in the past and self-introspected. She found out that she shall spend more time with her husband who was never mad at her because of her busy life. Ant then, she finally got pregnant which was the life she had never thought.

    Finally, I do love the quotation, “Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.” Stay hungry, and you can understand how delicious the food is. Stay foolish and you will always be brave to strive for something you want.

1 comment:

  1. Helping these kids do make you happy, right? Probably, being a teacher is a job that you should consider.

    ReplyDelete